Bordeaux-Dordrecht is an Audax event and not an ultra cycling race, you have 90 hours to complete the brevet.
If you have any questions, mail to the Bordeaux-Dordrecht organization
- Bordeaux (breakfast included)
- Lille (breakfast included)
– Dropbag service from hotel to hotel and the finish
* all included in the participation fee of € 385
This brevet tests your mental and physical fitness. If things go wrong please use your experience and intuition to solve the issues. Of course participants are allowed to assist each other.
We won’t support you on the road but when you reach the next hotelstop we will help you as much as possible.
We’re still working on the route.
The final route will be availably by the end of april for the participants.
Brevet Bordeaux – Dordrecht
– Distance: 1200 km
– Climbing: +/- ~6660 hm
– Timelimit: 90 uur (13.333kph)
– Departure of the bus transfer: 19-05-2020 1930 CEST from Dordrecht
– Rider Briefing: 20-05-2020 1700 CEST (Bordeaux)
– Start time brevet: 21-05-2020 at 06.00 CEST.
– Start Location: Campus Atlantic, Bordeaux,
– Maximum amount of participants: 84 pariticipants
– Qualification requirements: none
– Participation fee: € 385
– Registration opens: 15-12-2019 at 00.01 hr. CET
The brevet is organised according to the known format of 3 scheduled rest stops in hotels along the route. This time also with a hotel in Bordeaux so you can start the brevet well rested.
The route is devided into 4 stages.
The first day (may 21th 2020) is the longest stage (350km) with the brunt of the climbing (2700m). After a good breakfast the brevet starts at 6:00 CEST. We reserved a hotel after 350km in Chatellerault for a night’s rest.
On day 2 (may 22th 2020) you cycle to Chambourcy, a Paris suburb. We’ve reserved another hotel so you can have your well deserved rest after 310km and 1200m of climbing.
On day 3 (may 23th 2020) we cross northern France from Chambourcy to Lille. The day’s stage is another 300km, this time having 1600m of climbing. For this hotel we can offer an early bird breakfast from 05.00 CEST.
The last stage is only 250km with hardly any hills to speak of. It leads you from Lille to Dordrecht. The finish is at the StayOkay in Dordrecht, you have to reach it before 23.59 CEST on may 24th .
For 2020 Randonneurs Netherlands offers you a 1200km brevet from Bordeaux (France) to Dordrecht (the Netherlands). The start is in Bordeaux, the famous and pittoresque town in Southern France. The route leads you via the national park Limousin-Périgord to Paris, Lille, through Flanders and finally through the Netherlands before finishing in Dordrecht.
If you prefer a speedier finish, that’s possible but please bear in mind that we reserved the hotels for specific nights. The same for the support, dropbags and the reception at the finish. Our volunteers are only available at the scheduled nights. So if you want to press on, you’ll be on your own.
Transport to Bordeaux
Two touring cars are at our disposal to transport the 84 participants and their bikes from Dordrecht to Bordeaux. We do have space for a limited amount of recumbents and velomobiles. The bus departs from the StayOkay in Dordrecht at 21 CEST at may 19th 2020. We expect a travel time of 15 hours.
The scheduled arrivel is around noon on may 20th 2020, at the hotel in Bordeaux. You have the afternoon to get settled, resupply, recheck your bike (near the hotel are a good bikeshop and a large supermarket), visit Bordeaux city centre or other
The participation fee is € 385. This includes the bus transfer, 4 nights in hotels, 2 breakfasts (Bordeaux and Lille), dinner the night before the start, luggage transport (with a max of 40 litres) and the usual registration costs. The brevet will be homologated by les Randonneurs Mondiaux (LRM). There’s a maximum of 84 participants. If there are more than 84 interested riders, we’ll have a waiting list.
How to enter
Entry starts on Sunday December 15th at 00.0a CEST. Until December 21st 2019 (23.59 CEST) only Randonneurs Netherlands members can enter. After that date anyone can enter. We expect that there still we have enough places for non Randonneurs Nederland members. Entry is according to the ‘first come first served’ principle. After registration you’ll receive an email with detailed information within 2 weeks.
The brevet starts at Thursday may 21th at 06:00 from Campus Atlantica in Bordeaux.
For this brevet there are no qualification requirements. We do however advise you to prepare seriously. We offer a number of brevets before may 21th which serve as a good preparation. If you’re based outside of the Netherlands your local audax club might offer a few good preparational bevets.
Registration starts at december 15th 2019, 00:00hr CEST.
The registration fee is € 385 EUR per participant
Maximum amount of participants: 84
The roue is available at the end of april 2020.
The organizers offer a dropbag service. Due to limited capacity the drop bag is limited to 1 bag each with a maximum of 40 litres. Please provide your own bag.
The route is 1200km long. You’re expected to follow the route unless there are unforeseen circumstances like roadworks. We might have 1 or more secret controls. Furthermore we reserve the right to check your adherence to the route via electronic means.
You have to finish the ride within 90 hours.
The brevet is homologated by LRM.
– Entry fee € 385
– Everyone who’s 18 years or older at May 21th 2020 may enter this brevet.
– There are no qualification requirements but please prepare thoroughly. Check the brevet agenda, there are enough brevets until May 21th 2020.
– You can enter via the registration button on our website.
– Entry starts at december 15th 2019, 00:00 CEST.
– Members of Randonneurs Nederland have preferential entry until december 21st 2019, 23:59 CEST. We expect that there are enough places for non Randonneurs Nederland members.
– Entry is according to the ‘first come first served’ principle
– Within 2 weeks from entering you’ll receive an email with further information.
– It’s always possible to cancel but we only refund you (minus € 25,- non refundable fee) when another rider replaces you
– We strongly recommend to provide yourself with a suitable travel insurance including cancellation insurance.
– Each participant is required to have a suitable third party insurance. We can’t check this but it’s your own responsibility.
– Please check that your medical expenses insurance covers all three countries you’re cycling in.
Included in the entry fee of
– Bustransfer (including your bike) from Bordeaux to Dordrecht, 4 nights in hotels, dinner in Bordeaux, coffee before leaving for Bordeaux, dropbag service to the hotels and the finish.
– Participants may travel to Bordeaux on their own but the full entry fee still has to be paid.
– It is possible to ride faster and refrain from using the provided hotels. However, you’ll have to pay the full entry fee and you won’t have any neutral support during the ride.
During the brevet
– You have 90 hours to complete this brevet successfully
– In between the hotels the brevet is self supporting. You are responsible for your own health and safety. Of course participants are allowed to help each other.
– In the hotels we can assist you with basic repairs and basic medical care.
– Several volunteers will be available in the hotels and during the event.
– The dropbag will be available at each hotel.
– Please inform us during your entry if you wish to stay at the StayOkay in Dordrecht after the finish (may 24th 2020)
– At the Stay Okay you’ll stay in a 4 bedroom including breakfast
– The costs are € 35,- per night and have to be paid separately.
– Please inform us if you wish to participate with a recumbent or velomobile, we have limited transport capacities for special bikes.
– The bustrip will alst about 15 hours. The bus is comfortable enough to sleep during the trip. There are toilet facilities in the bus. On the road to Bordeaux the bus will stop several times so you can resupply with food and drinks.
– Participants have to comply with the local traffic laws of the countries they are in at that moment. Please consider that according to the French Code de Route cyclists have to wear a reflective vest with the correct proof marks at night and during periods of low visibility. In France the usage of headphones and earpods is prohibited for cyclists. In both France and the Netherlands you’re not allowed to use your mobile phone while cycling.
– Lights, please use suitable lights.
– We recommend that you use a helmet.
– Upon succesfull completion of this brevet your results will be homologated by LRM and you’ll receive a LRM medal.